Tip 1. Find Your Crowd
To make content that speaks to your audience, you must know who they are, what they want, and how they like to get it. It's not enough to guess their age range or gender - that's so yesterday! You have to dig deeper:
- What makes them tick?
- Where do they chill online?
- What kind of content makes them purr like a kitten?
Find out, and you're halfway there!
No clients yet? No problem! Just find some friends who are totally into what you're offering. (Pro tip: Don't make them up in your head - that's just ineffective and slightly weird:) Use real people you know!)
Once you understand your crowd, it's time to get to know them.
- What are their hopes, dreams, and fears?
- What problems keep them up at night?
- And most importantly, how can you be their knight in shining armor that comes to save them?
Tip 2. The Customer is King
If you want to make it in the content marketing game, remember one thing: the customer is king (or queen, or whoever they identify themselves as, we don't discriminate here). You can't force people to buy your stuff, but you can make them want it. And how do you do that? By solving their problems, fam!
Focus on your potential clients' struggles and offer a solution.
Don't just say:
"Our app is amazing" or "Our app will increase productivity."
Instead, you can go:
"Are you tired of procrastinating? Do you need help with getting things done on time? In just one week, 95% of our app users reported increased productivity and attention span. Don't believe me? Try it for free."
The difference shows how the app can help procrastinators finally get stuff done. And don't just promise the best. Promise to make their lives easier!
Create content that solves problems
Make sure you keep your content focused on how it solves the problems of your clients. This is the holy grail. Seriously, everyone does it. Even the lemonade guys get it. They don't just show you a picture of a drink. They show you someone sweating their butt off and then enjoying a refreshing sip. And it works!
Tip 3. Make Your Content Accessible and Digestible
Want your content to be on point and shared like crazy? Of course, you do! That means breaking it down in a way that's easy to read and understand. Here's how to make your content digestible and a breeze to read:
- Mix it up with short and sweet sentences and paragraphs. Nobody wants to feel like they're reading an essay, except maybe your English teacher.
- Keep it snappy! Make each sentence 30 words or less. That's the sweet spot!
- Keep paragraphs between 3-5 sentences max. A paragraph should be like a mini skirt, long enough to cover the important bits but short enough to keep it interesting.
- Use different heading levels like H1, H2, H3, and H4. It's like a roadmap for your reader!
But wait, there's more! To give your reader a break from all that reading, throw in the following:
- Sprinkle in some visuals like a chef adds seasoning.
- Infographics to make complex information easy to understand.
- Bullet points to break down key information.
- Quotes to add some personality.
Follow these tips and watch your content become the talk of the town (or maybe even the world, who knows.).
Tip 4. Become a Go-To Resource for Your Audience
You want to be the rockstar in your industry, the Beyoncé of your niche. That means when people think of X service or product, they think of YOU. If your brand is strongly associated with X service or product, they search for YOUR website instead of googling generic terms. To get started, ask yourself these questions:
- Who are the bigwigs in your industry?
- What companies are in the top three spots?
- How many people search for your brand when they're looking for X?
Knowing your customers' needs is the key to being #1 in your niche. Once you have that info, use it to understand your customers' needs and give them solutions that are easy to swallow. Then sit back and watch your brand grow while you build a loyal community. We both know that simply sitting back and watching can never work, but let’s dream about it at least.
Tip 5. Stay True to Your Brand
Building trust with your audience requires honesty. You have to be the real deal. Be authentic, be consistent, and be YOU. People will appreciate that and be more likely to share your content with others.
Look, it's 2023, and people are over the fake and superficial stuff. They want some real stuff, the raw, unfiltered truth. So don't be scared to show them who you really are. They want it. So, here are a few ideas:
- Talk about your epic failures and the lessons learned.
- Show the people behind your product or service. People like seeing people!
- Remember to have fun and enjoy the journey.
Content marketing is like dating. It's about creating a long-term relationship with your customers. It's not about making a quick buck. It's creating valuable content that speaks to your audience. With these five simple tips, you are sure to see sustainable results. Cheers to that!